Your job is to enjoy this season of life, and mine is to capture it.
Remember that your family only exists as they are today, tomorrow they will be new people.
Our children learn to walk, make their own breakfast, drive themselves to the school dance and one day travel the world or set off to university.
Every time you gaze up at the walls in your home wouldn’t it be wonderful to see the faces of the people you love most smiling back at you long after the last box of clothes and textbooks have been shuffled over to university dorms? Or an album that holds photos of your children the summer they proudly showed off their toothless grins while running away from the ocean waves by Aylard Farm or Willow’s Beach?
A family session is the perfect chance to celebrate each other and the bonds that connect you.
When was the last time you spent a few quality hours with your family with no phones, facebook, or busy schedule demands and other interuptions?
Make time to make memories.
Planning a family portrait session with Erin’s help will be one of the best gifts you can give your family. Think of it as a date for your family! When you set up your consultation with me, we will cover all the details from location options, wardrobe choices and tips on how to make your session a reflection of your family.
1. Click the contact button to set up your pre-consultation appointment. We’ll have a chat on the phone or via FaceTime/Skype so that we can go over a family questionnaire – a great way to jump into planning your outdoor family session. Getting to know you and your family, what makes them laugh and cry, and the inspiration behind the session will help us create beautiful and genuine images that tell the true story of your connections and personalities. Another important piece for us to go over will be where do you envision your portraits on your walls as a canvas gallery, a framed print or a story album? By sorting out these details, I can photograph your session with this in mind.
2. After receiving the family session contract, please sign it and send it back along with the non-refundable session fee of $175 (paypal, etransfer, cheque and cash are all accepted and will be given receipts) I will follow-up and send over a wardrobe style guide and a product guide.
3. Set a place, time and date! We will choose a time and place that works for everyone in the family and their schedule. The handful of hours before sunrise and sunset give us gorgeous lighting to create stunning portraits. Who doesn’t love a beach or park while the sun lights the sky with vibrant warm colours?
4. During our session I will give you permission to feel awkward for 10 seconds during our session, and then we’ll get into a groove. After that, you will be too busy laughing with your kids and soaking in the joy of the moment to feel uncomfortable anymore.
(PS. Give yourself permission to feel beautiful)
5. After ten days I will connect with you to set up your premiere viewing and ordering session, where we’ll create tangible wall art pieces from the images to hang in your home or archive in beautifully crafted albums (perfect for pulling out on a rainy day and reminiscing over memories).
6. I will hand deliver your beautiful art and albums to your home once they arrive and receive my approval of quality.
Are you ready to start planning your family session? Let’s connect!
Family Session Information & Resources
Sooke, Westshore, and Victoria Family Photography Galleries and Blog Posts